Charish Mix n Chic Style Challenge

8.17.2015

I was recently approached by Charish to create a style board for their August Mix n Chic Style Challenge. I was so excited! Then I saw that they wanted me to use Shabby Chic items and I was like- wah wah. In my mind Shabby Chic = 90s wannabe cottage home with faux weathered wood, milk bottles, and sponge paint. Ha! But here's what they said: Shabby Chic will match well with most styles. Whether it’s Bohemian Charm or Rustic meets Shabby Chic– you can play up coastal elements in the bathroom, provide a touch of French country living to the bedroom, and vintage charm in the kitchen. The less matching the better! Ok- feeling better. I'm a big fan of not totally matching! I looked through some images they gave me as well as items from their site and created this board:

I started with that ultra-feminine pink chair because it scared me and made me smile. Paired with the graphic pattern of the rug, some functional industrial pieces, my art (duh), and a few funky vases/containers (can never have too many of those in a studio), the chair ends up feeling fresh and fun! How have you embraced shabby chic?

(counter-clockwise from lower left) Similar pink, feminine chair // Ceramic face vase // Mexican rug // Harwood top work table // Danish modern lamp // Fish pot // Katie Vernon Healing Wreath // Apothecary cabinet // Monkey dish // Yellow horse candy dish // Catherineholm bowl








0 comments:

KV All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger